Saturday, March 9, 2013

More Things I Suck At...Involves Juggling and Dogs

Because I am horrible at juggling all this life stuff, I never got around to posting the link to my guest blog over at Cordelia Calls it Quits.  For those interested, I blogged about my obsession with following tragedies.  I really do think it has something to do with being a writer, and the fact that I can't stop until I reach the end of the story.  The problem is, some stories have no end.  As the tale unfolds, its reach continues and touches more than the initial protagonist and antagonist.  Minor characters pick up the story and carry it with them in another direction, having been colored by the imprint left by the events. 

It is the same when I research something for a story.  I get so caught up in the details and the tangents that I end up on the periphery staring back at my starting point, quite unsure exactly how I got from there to here, then retracing my steps.

I am horrible at juggling.  I get too caught up in the fact that I am actually juggling that I end up dropping all the balls once I realize that I am actually doing it.  Maybe if I don't pay too much attention to it, I will manage it better.

This is not my puppy,
but he sure is handsome.
Since I don't have quite enough on my plate, I think I am about to give in to my herd's family's desire to add another dog into the mix.  Apparently our beagle is lonely and desperately needs a German Shepherd puppy to keep her company, or at least that is what my little ragamuffins are claiming.  I realize that this is an insane idea that will take up even more of my time and energy...so chances are good that I will go ahead and do it. 

After all, when you are terrible at something the only way to get better is to keep trying, right?

How are you at juggling life?  Are you getting better at it, or are you just better at accepting it?

5 comments:

  1. I juggle pretty good for while, and then something unexpected happens and the balls all fall to the ground. If I could quit adding balls to the mix, it might be easier to keep up the juggling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually life juggles me, which makes for a dizzy series of highs and lows, sitting in among all the dropped balls.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't juggle the things of life, life juggles with me...and it's giving me a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know some people who truly only excel at life when they're completely overwhelmed. They are just the kind of people who get things done. It's amazing to me. I can juggle three balls, tops. Add any more, and I'm hopeless. I would have flunked out of clown college on the first day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a German Shepherd puppy is a great idea - as long as you post pics :)

    ReplyDelete