Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another Blog Award....(but no more new pages yet)

I was tagged by my fellow writer and awarded a new blog award!  I am so excited!


The Tag rules:

You must post the rules.
Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
Tag your award winners and link to them.
Let them know you’ve tagged them.

This means I get yet another opportunity to talk about myself!


The Questions I Get to Answer:
  1. What's your favorite letter of the alphabet and why? (you're not limited to the English alphabet)  I am going with Z.  Z is zazzy.  Z is in my name.  And Z is...not common-place.
  2. What's the most disgusting/odd combination of food you've ever eaten? I have 18 food allergies, so I don't consider them odd combinations...I call that life.
  3. Favorite word?  Hm, I like words in general.  "Circumference" is nice...and "luxurious"...and "tranquil."  I also rather like "dabble."
  4. If you had to get a tattoo, what would it be and why? If you already have one, use that as your answer.  I have two already.  I want another...but I haven't decided what yet, because once I decide I will want to immediately go get it.
  5. What fictional character is most like you and why? Could be personality or appearance, from a book, movie, graphic novel, whatever.  My entire family is gather around me and watching me type this and screaming "Sheldon Cooper" (from Big Bang Theory).  I do NOT see the resemblance.
  6. The bitchy blond female character -> love? hate? overdone? (bonus points for including your favorite blond joke).  I have known a few bitchy blonds in my day...whether they were truly blond or not?  I couldn't tell you.
  7. Do you usually write characters who are the same gender as you are? Ever tried the opposite?  Characters tend to come to me "as is."  I don't try to assign them one gender or another. 
  8. If you could swap places with a character and live in their fictional world/universe for a day, which would you choose? I have been reading a lot of dystopian books lately...not sure I want to change placed with any of those characters.
  9. What's your favorite fairy-tale/myth/folk-tale/fable/nursery-rhyme, and would you ever write a re-telling of it?  I do have a serious soft spot for Sisyphus.
  10. If you could turn your significant other into an animal for one day, what animal would you choose and why? I would turn him into a German Shepherd dog for the day and scratch that spot on his back that makes dogs shake their leg uncontrollably.
  11. Does Pluto deserve to be re-instated as a planet?  YES!  (In my head, it will always be a "real planet." 

I want to pass this award along to:

You should definitely check out their blogs and widen the circle of writers that you read and follow!

For those tagged, here are your questions:
  1. What book character do you had a crush on?
  2. What was the last book that made you cry?
  3. What scenes are the hardest for you to write?
  4. Are you superstitious about your writing methods, or do you have any rituals regarding your writing?
  5. Do you listen to music when writing, or do you have to have silence?
  6. What book antagonist do you love to hate?
  7. What is the last  book that you stayed up ridiculously late to finish reading?
  8. When was the last time that you waited in line for a book release?
  9. What book(s) is/are currently on your bedside table?
  10. What is your "guilty pleasure" book that you read and re-read?
  11. How comfortable are you calling yourself "a writer/"
    (If anyone else wants to play/answer the questions, go ahead! Just include the link, or answer directly in the comment section.:)

    15 comments:

    1. Hi, I hopped over from 1,000 Monkeys. I love Sisyphus too!!!! I teach lit to college students and I have them read Camus' Myth of Sisyphus every year. Makes for a really cool discussion of the nature of life, fate, personal choice etc etc.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Welcome! That is an awesome book to teach. (Must go re-read it!)

        Delete
    2. All the Harry Potter books made me cry.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I had to google Sisyphus, then I realised I knew about him I just didn't know his name. Now I can compare my life to Sisyphus in future instead of 'that bloke who pushes the rock up the hill for eternity' :-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. For a long time I got Sisyphus and Prometheus mixed up. Not sure why...rolling a big rock uphill...getting liver pecked out by birds...not really much to confuse there.

        Delete
    4. Aloha,

      Thanks for the follow, and am doing the same... Good Luck with your WIP, and am looking forward to reading it one of these days :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thanks for joining my blog!
      Interesting answers!
      I'm now a follower too.
      Have a great week!

      Jay
      jacopopaoloni.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thanks for playing along!

      I'm a fan of Sisyphus as well, and have read Albert Camus' essay.

      ...I like Z 'cause it's easy to find in word searches ;)

      Oooh! 'Dabble' very nice choice!

      Hahahahaha, okay, after reading 'Sheldon Cooper', I'm deadly curious... you gotta expand on that...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. See...now I don't personally SEE any similar character traits, but my family seems to think I am..."quirky." (Which, incidentally actually IS another word that I rather like...)

        Delete
    7. Hi, thanks for following my blog! I returned the favor.

      Dabble is a great word. I rather perfer the word weequashing.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Finally following! I've been slow on that front. :) Thanks for the tag! This'll be fun.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Terri - to your Sisyphus answer, you also have an ample adoration of alliteration. (couldn't help it)

      Jeremy - that's not a real word . . . oh crap . . . just googled . . . it IS a real word! Huh. In that case, I think I might go dabble in weequashing tonight. Anyone with me?

      ReplyDelete
    10. A multi-cultural word, no less!

      Thanks for following me! I am also on sabbatical for a year (of a sort) meaning that I quit my job to write. Six months to go...I hope I don't have to go back.

      ReplyDelete