Monday, June 11, 2012

The Murmuring Muse, a Blog Award, and Random Facts About Me

My Muse has been chatty lately...like all-hopped-up-on-caffeine-and-vegan-chocolate chatty.  I am not complaining, mind you.  Her hyperactivity has resulted in another chapter for the novel and a new short story that has grown to four pages since this morning.  So, really, I am grateful.

I am also grateful for the blog awards that Lauren and Alice and Jess have been gracious enough to bestow up me.  (The Versatile Blogger award and the Kreativ Blogger Award!)  It means a lot to me.  And with every blessing comes a responsibility.  Per the rules, I am obligated to share seven random things about myself and to, in turn, bestow this award on seven worthy souls.


Obligation #1:

Since my head to full of novel and short story stuff, I am afraid to think too much about anything else.  No, really!  I feel like my brain is at capacity, and I fear that if I put anything else in there I will lose something important (you know, like story stuff); therefore, I have asked my dear friend to offer up some randomness about me.  Here are her offerings (none of which I can deny):

In no particular order: 
  1. You really like being random
  2. Your top three  "some random number of" favorite writers are:  J. K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Hemingway, Norman Maclean, Neil Gaiman, Carson McCullers, Flannery O'Connor...
  3. You have a cat named Sirius.  Maybe your readers have noticed?
  4. You’re a ginger.  There, it’s out.
  5. You have this weird way of hesitating dramatically whenever ordering food at a restaurant.  This is amusing to the company you’re dining with, and probably maddeningly frustrating to the person taking your order.
  6. You bake.  A lot.
  7. You believe that a hot toddy is the ultimate cure for all ailments. 
  Obligation #2:  I proudly nominate the below blogs as worthy recipients of the Versatile Blogger Award...
Now, take a minute to check out their blogs, if you haven't already!  Share the love!

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I just wanted to give others the chance to check out your awesome blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You are quite welcome, but it is much deserved.

      Delete
  4. Ah, the dear friend is Firespark. I begin to wonder if you are actually one person in two bodies.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, Firespark is much nicer than I am...and she tolerates me much better than I tolerate myself. For those of you that have not checked out her blog, stop and do so now!

      Delete
    2. We share the same brain (a strange phenomena which happened several months after we met... we didn't even see it coming!) but you're right about the separate bodies, Lauren. and, I'm only the nicer one after I've had my coffee. ;)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the award, T.Z. I really appreciate your shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the awards and thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete