Monday, September 3, 2012

The Best Laid Plans...

I was supposed to update everyone on Friday about how I had rocked everything last week, how I had slayed it, how the week had NOT gotten the better of me.

News flash:  It did!

I spent the long weekend sniffling, sneezing, coughing, taking medicine, giving kids medicine, and otherwise not reveling in my awesomeness. 

Never fear, though.  I am feeling moderately better.  I even got an article cranked out today, and started a pitch for another publication, and I worked a bit on the novel. 

In other words:  Life goes on.

This minor setback won't, however, keep me from dreaming big and making impractical assertions of how I am going to do it all and have it all...what fun would that be?

But for now I will be content with the fact that I can breathe out of both nostrils, and be thankful for decongestants and kleenex with lotion.  It is the little things, you know?

I will play catch up more later.  For now, I am going to get a bit more rest before I go back to the day job tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. I hope things go better for you and that you feel much better as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better this week! Go out and conquer everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! I hope you are feeling better. Summer colds are the worst, right up there with sick mom with sick kids. I'm playing a bit of catch up myself- my two older kids started school today. I wanted to recommend Deana Barnhart's Gearing Up To Get An Agent blogfest that's on through September. I'm doing it and there are all kinds of pitching and querying activities involved. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you're feeling a bit better. Amazing how something so simple as a cold can fell us.

    ReplyDelete