Clearly I need to move some things over to the "To Don't" List.
- Neatly Made Beds - I think that this is a "To Don't" no-brainer. While I admit that I appreciate the comforting smell of fresh linens, and the joy of sliding between freshly laundered sheets neatly turned down and waiting, this does seem to be one of the few housekeeping areas that might be able to slide--at least temporarily. I am more partial to clean underwear than a made bed.
- A Clean Car - wait, my car is never clean, so this won't really buy me any time. Damn.
- A Made-up Face - I wear very little make-up anyway--normally just some powder, a bit of mascara, and a dab of lipgloss first thing in the morning. I never bother to reapply. I am not sure if giving this up will garner any "real" time, but I am willing to try.
- Lunch Options - I may need to revert back to my time-saving strategy of taking a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter to my office and calling that lunch for the next month. This actually saves time and money. WIN!
- Valentine's Day - luckily, hubby has to work Valentine's evening (Sorry, sweetie! I mean that in the nicest way possible!), so that takes the pressure off both of us to find something "new" and "exciting" to do after 23 Valentine's Days together. We have mutually agreed to celebrate it at a later date and, since this means that the jacked up prices might be back to normal by then, I am considering this a time and money win as well!
|But let's just plan our Heart- Day Meal|
for another time...
There has to be more things that I can avoid doing...help me out, here!
What have you given up to make more time for reading, writing, or family?