Friday, July 20, 2012

I Wish I Had Known...



I  wish...

  1. I wish I had known that you can't make other people happy.
  2. I wish I had known that it was okay to go to bed when I was tired.
  3. I wish I had known that it was not weak to ask for help.
  4. I wish I had known to stop and play with the kids in the rain and not worry about the extra load of laundry it would cause.
  5. I wish I had known to give more hugs and kisses.
  6. I wish I had known when to bite my tongue...and when to speak up.
  7. I wish I had known when to walk away.
  8. I wish I had known how to hold on to my dreams instead of setting them aside until "a more convenient time."
  9. I wish I had stopped what I was doing and listened more.
  10. I wish I had taken better care of myself...and the people and things that I care about.
  11. I wish I had tucked away more money, and ideas, and surprises, and memories.
  12. I wish I had worried less about what people thought.
  13. I wish I had worried less about failing.
  14. I wish I had laughed more, and smiled more, and done more cartwheels on the lawn.
  15. I wish I had sang more without being ashamed of my woefully out-of-tune voice.
  16. I wish I had not been my own stumbling block.
  17. I wish I had called my parents more.
  18. I wish I had insisted on more family meals.
  19. I wish I had told more stories.
  20. I wish I had set aside my fears.
Now that I am forty, I know better.  There is so much  more that I know now that I never understood...could never understand...at twenty or thirty. 

Now it is time to make some changes.

Look out world!